Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital satisfaction – all of which affect baby’s care. Not surprisingly, 69% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment and hurt feelings.
Based on Dr. John Gottman’s 40 years of research, this workshop prepares couples for life with baby and helps them to be the best parenting team possible.
Parents will learn to:
- Strengthen Their Relationship
- Foster Baby’s Development
- Build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found is the best predictor of marital adjustment after baby arrives, the quality of friendship in the marriage.
- Improve the quality of life for their babies and children by strengthening the family
- Create healthy social, emotional and intellectual development for their children.