Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen.
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify, address solvable problems, understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflicts
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples struggles
- Summarize the research that allows us to predict future relationship stability.
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory.
- Conduct a couple’s therapy assessment using elements of the couples narrative, the Oral History Interview, written questionnaires, observations of conflict and individual interviews.
- Describe two interventions to help strengthen a couple’s conflict management.
- Describe two interventions to enhance a couple’s friendship system.
- Describe two interventions to explore a couple’s system of shared meaning.
- Explain why physiological self-soothing is essential for a healthy relationship.
- Create a therapeutic contract with a couple, discuss and decide on goals and include a summary of the couple’s strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Describe the Philosophy of Therapy including assumptions, an overview of techniques, and the goals of therapy.
- Describe the Rapoport Intervention and when to use it.
- Describe the process of therapy, including the structure of a session.
Can’t Make It?
We do our best to accommodate all attendees where possible regarding cancellations. If a professional cannot appear for a scheduled event, please notify the office as soon as possible. In the event, GJB Health Services can:
(1) Assign your ticket to the following event
(2) Assign your ticket to an event of the professional’s choosing.
Please be aware; however, that GJB Health Services will authorize ONE reschedule. Thank you and we appreciate your cooperation to best adhere to other professionals who wish to participate!